Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Natural Cradle Cap Remedy

Lil' Bit had cradle cap as a baby.  No matter what I tried it never completely went away and stayed away.  Fast forward  a year and a half and now Ferg has it.  She has it bad. 

I tried to just leave it alone to see if it would go away on its own.  No such luck.  A couple of days ago I got tired of it.  Not necessarily the cradle cap but the comments people would make about her.  Why must we pull each other down?  Why do I let it bother me so?  I pulled out a jar of coconut oil and my bottle of tea tree oil and went to town. (Hopefully I will be able to post soon on the benefits of both.)

I mixed about a teaspoon of coconut oil with one drop of tea tree oil.  Tea tree oil can be pretty harsh on sensitive skin so go easy on it and always use a carrier oil.  I stripped Ferg down to her diaper and rubbed the oil all over her scalp.  While I waited for it to loosen everything up I went ahead and gave her a massage.  Ferg LOVES massages.  Plus she was good and relaxed while I combed her hair.  Use a fine toothed comb, going against her hair gently comb it all out.  It amazed me how easy it was to get it all off.  We followed up with a nice warm bath to wash her hair and get what was loose out.  After 2 treatments it is all but gone!  Just a couple of flakes that come off when I rub it.

I wish I had a before picture but I wasn't thinking!  You will just have to trust me that she had it bad!  I do have an after picture though!  Do you know how hard it is to get a decent one of the top of an infant's head that isn't crazy blurry?  She is a busy girl that doesn't like to hold still for "after pictures"!

No comments:

Post a Comment